The Richard Pate School is a successful co-ed independent day school (ages 3-11) in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire with purpose-built facilities including a Computer Suite and Science Laboratory. We are seeking an exceptional candidate to fill our Teacher – Computing Lead role (full-time), starting in September 2024, and lead the teaching of Computing across the school alongside assisting the part-time Network Manager in supporting the school’s IT network needs.
In summary the role is as follows:
- Full-time permanent post.
- Salary: Based on experience.
- Start date: September 2024
- Responsibility for leading the teaching of Computing across the school, and helping the Network Manager to manage and maintain the school’s computer network infrastructure, ensuring that it operates efficiently and securely, and for supporting staff with IT issues and equipment.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be qualified to degree level (or equivalent), holding Qualified Teacher Status in the appropriate subject and age range.
- Have experience teaching Key Stage 2. Experience in teaching Key Stage 1 is desirable but not essential.
- Be strongly committed to cybersecurity and data privacy, and willing to adapt to new technologies.
- Have experience in identifying, implementing and training people on the use of management information systems and online portals.
- Committed to the educational mission of the school.
Desirable but not essential extras:
- A degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Technology or Network Engineering.
- Professional certification in IT.
- Knowledge of relevant educational technology trends and best practices.
- Proven experience in managing and maintaining IT networks, ideally within an educational setting.
- Experience with network security and data protection measures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server environments.
- Knowledge of FileMaker and/or Showbie.
For further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack.
To apply for this role, please download our Application Form and Job Information Pack below.
CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form, but may be submitted as additional supporting documentation.
Completed applications may be posted to the following address:
The Richard Pate School
Cheltenham GL53 9RP
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Recruitment, Selection & Disclosure Policy & Procedure and Policy on Recruitment of Ex-Offenders and Safeguarding Policy can be found on our Website: www.richardpate.co.uk
Applications must be received no later than noon on Monday 4 March 2024.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 21 March 2024.
Start Date: September 2024.
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare or children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In accordance with the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, references will be sought on all short-listed candidates prior to interview, and online checks undertaken.
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process.