The Richard Pate School is a successful co-ed independent day school (ages 3-11) in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire with purpose-built facilities including a science laboratory and woodland area with pond. We are seeking exceptional candidates to fill our Specialist Science Teacher role (0.4 FTE) from September 2023.
In summary the role is as follows:
- Part-time permanent post (0.4 FTE), on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Salary: TBC based on experience.
- Start date: 1st September 2023.
- Responsibility for planning and delivering the science curriculum to Y5 and Y6, liaising closely with the Y3 and Y4 science teacher.
To be successful in this role you must be:
- Qualified with QTS (or similar) with a specialisation in Science.
- An outstanding practitioner committed to the vision of the department, and to supporting the individual needs of every pupil.
- Preferably experienced in teaching Science to Key Stage 2 or 3.
- Familiar with the National Curriculum in Science, and with the ability to plan and adapt the curriculum to suit the needs of The Richard Pate School.
- Enthusiastic about being part of a supportive team, prepared to be immersed fully into School life.
- Capable of communicating effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents.
- An organised practitioner experienced in assessment and report writing.
- Respectful of the School’s aims and values.
To apply for this role, please download our Application Form and Information Pack below.
Completed applications may be posted to the following address:
The Richard Pate School
Cheltenham GL53 9RP
Or email to: email@example.com
Our Recruitment, Selection & Disclosure Policy & Procedure and Policy on Recruitment of Ex-Offenders and Safeguarding Policy can be found on our Website: www.richardpate.co.uk
Applications must be submitted no later than Monday 6 March 2023.
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare or children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. And is an equal opportunities employer. In accordance with the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, references will be sought on all short-listed candidates prior to interview, and online checks undertaken.