The Richard Pate School is owned and operated by Pate’s Grammar School Foundation. It is a successful co-ed independent day school for 3-11 year olds in Cheltenham. We offer children a broad education in modern, purpose-built facilities.
We teach Art as a specialist subject from Year 2 to 6, and all Art lessons are taught in the Art Studio which is equipped with a wide range of resources including a kiln. The aim of the Art Department is to be inclusive for all pupils.
In summary the role is as follows:
- Part-time permanent post (0.5 FTE), initially on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings.
- Salary based on experience
- Start date: 15 April 2024
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of the art curriculum to Years 2-6, and for the organisation of art activities as part of the school’s extra-curricular programme.
To be successful in this role you must be:
- Qualified with QTS (or similar), with a specialisation in Art.
- An outstanding practitioner committed to the vision of the department and supporting the individual needs of every pupil.
- Preferably experienced in teaching Art to ages 6 to 11.
- Familiar with the National Curriculum in Art and with the ability to plan and adapt the curriculum to suit the needs of The Richard Pate School.
- Enthusiastic about being part of a supportive team, prepared to be immersed fully into School life.
- Capable of communicating effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents through good written and verbal communication skills.
- An organised practitioner experienced in assessment and report writing.
- Respectful of the School’s aims and values.
In return, we offer you:
- Talented and dedicated colleagues with inspirational team spirit.
- Children who are enthusiastic to learn, with outstanding behaviour.
- A supportive and nurturing ethos which will help you fulfil your potential.
- A strong commitment to on-going professional development and lifelong learning.
To apply for this role:
Please find our Application Form and Information Pack below.
Applications must be received no later than noon on Monday 6 November 2023.
NB CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form, but may be submitted as additional supporting documentation.
Our Recruitment, Selection & Disclosure Policy & Procedure, including Policy on Recruitment of ex-Offenders, can be found on our website along with our Safeguarding Policy: www.richardpate.co.uk
Interviews: short-listed candidates will be invited for interview on Thursday 16 November 2023.
Start Date: 15 April 2024.
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In accordance with the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, references will be sought on all short-listed candidates prior to interview, and online checks undertaken.
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you need reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process.