The Richard Pate School is a successful co-ed independent day school (ages 3-11) in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire with purpose-built facilities including a Computer Suite and Science Laboratory. We are seeking an exceptional candidate to fill our Network Manager role (0.6 FTE), starting in April 2024, and support the School with its IT network needs. The school employs another Network Manager for the other 2 days per week, with complementary roles and responsibilities.
The school is open to applications from candidates who, in addition to being able to deliver the core requirements of the role, may be able to support the school in other areas, for instance in the delivery of a Programming Club or Raspberry Pi day for Year 6 pupils.
In summary the role is as follows:
- Part-time permanent post (0.6 FTE), on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Salary: Based on experience.
- Start date: April 2024.
- Responsibility for managing and maintaining the school’s computer network infrastructure and management information systems, ensuring they operate efficiently and securely, and for supporting staff with IT issues and equipment (working closely with the other Network Manager).
To be successful in this role you must be:
- Suitably qualified and experienced relevant to managing and maintaining IT networks, ideally within an educational setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Windows Server and network configurations, and a good programmer.
- Experienced in configuring and troubleshooting network equipment, and familiar with virtualization technologies and network security and data protection measures.
- Highly organised, reliable and detail-orientated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strongly committed to cybersecurity and data privacy, and willing to adapt to new technologies.
- A strong communicator and project manager, with excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Committed to the educational mission of the school.
For further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
To apply for this role, please download our Application Form and Job Information Pack below.
Completed applications may be posted to the following address:
The Richard Pate School
Cheltenham GL53 9RP
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Recruitment, Selection & Disclosure Policy & Procedure and Policy on Recruitment of Ex-Offenders and Safeguarding Policy can be found on our Website: www.richardpate.co.uk
Applications must be received no later than noon on Monday 26 February 2024.
Interviews will be held on Friday 15 March 2024.
Start Date: 15 April 2024
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare or children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In accordance with the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, references will be sought on all short-listed candidates prior to interview, and online checks undertaken.
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process.