The Richard Pate School is a successful co-ed independent day school (ages 3-11) in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. We are seeking exceptional candidates to fill our Deputy Head – Pastoral role from September 2023.
In summary the role is as follows:
- Full time permanent post.
- Salary: TBC based on experience.
- Start date: 1st September 2023.
- Responsibility for leading pastoral care throughout the School including compliance and safeguarding.
To be successful in this role you must be:
- Qualified with QTS and have experience of teaching a range of subjects in KS1 and/or KS2.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner focused on raising standards and supporting the pastoral care and individual needs of every pupil.
- Experienced as Designated Safeguard Lead (DSL) or DDSL or be prepared to undergo training for the role.
- Experienced in leading a team of professionals towards a shared vision and prepared to be immersed fully into school life.
- Capable of communicating effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents.
- Respectful of the School’s aims and values.
To apply for this role, please find our information pack and application form below.
Our Recruitment, Selection & Disclosure Policy & Procedure and Policy on Recruitment of Ex-Offenders and Safeguarding Policy is in our Policy section.
Applications must be submitted no later than 6th February 2023.
Pate’s Grammar School Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare or children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. And is an equal opportunities employer. In accordance with the DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, references will be sought on all short-listed candidates prior to interview, and online checks undertaken.