The Richard Pate School is a successful co-ed independent day school (ages 3-11) in Cheltenham Gloucestershire, and is very proud of its in-house Catering Team.
We are seeking someone with confident cooking and baking skills to join our friendly and professional team delivering freshly-prepared and nutritionally-balanced lunches to over 300 pupils and staff each day.
In summary the role is as follows:
- The role involves leading on the preparation of desserts as well as assisting with other tasks in a busy School kitchen – including serving meals, clearing away and washing up.
- The role is term-time only, working 55 hours over a two week cycle: alternating between 25 hours per week (9-2) and 30 hours per week (9-3).
- Annual Salary of £13,001 – includes paid holiday and bank holidays and a half-pay retainer for days not required to work over and above paid holidays. (NB Pay award pending).
- There is a holiday allowance of 28 day, rising to 33 days after 5 years, plus Bank Holidays – to be taken during school holidays and factored into annual salary.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Possess confident cooking and baking skills – developed either at home or in a catering environment.
- Be capable of following a recipe, and enjoy contributing recipe ideas.
- Be comfortable working on your own, and also happy to ‘muck in’ with other members of the kitchen team to complete kitchen tasks.
- Be cheerful and friendly, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a professional approach to work.
- Be willing to keep up to date in matters of food hygiene and health and safety.
- Be able to communicate well with children and staff members.
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of the School, and to the safeguarding and wellbeing of the School’s pupils and staff.
For further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack and Application Form below.